Tuesday, 18 January 2011

I want to be Stronger and Faster

I just started reading The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. I rate it. But read it with caution. I recently spent two days working in a food factory. 12 hour shifts. 3 days on, 3 days off. I left. It was disgusting. I was working on the waste hatch. I'm not a particularly emotional person, but I was almost in tears both days. They gave me a shovel to get rid of huge bins of rice, pasta, chicken and prawns. It was painful and to cut a long story short I got angry and walked away.

The people working in that place are battery humans.

There's an interesting correlation between the Wikileaks situation and the 4-Hour Body. Wikileaks uses huge vats of data and Tim creates huge vats of data. Both stand for a cause: the book is a man's dedication, his work, not work as a wage slave or even work as a CEO, benefiting a huge company and driving immense profits of which I'm sure this man is capable, but work of himself, driven by passion and engaging into society; the website is also a passion, driven by love and strength of decision, none of the leaks would have been possible without a personal decision regarding what is right and wrong and not what is productive and profitable. Data seems to be mixing with romanticism, and it's a potent mix.

My life has been on standby for a while. Whilst I thought and pondered. It's time to get moving and I want to shape myself. This is why the blog is called "I want to be Stronger and Faster."

I have an imbalance between my mental activity and my physical and I want to bring it back in harmony.

Hopefully using some principles I've discovered in the 4-Hour Body, I'll be able to achieve my goal of being Stronger and Faster, both mentally, physically and spiritually. I'll be gathering as much data on my different activities as possible in an attempt to prove to myself that I have progressed. (One of the principles in the book.)

First things first. "Everything popular is wrong."


No comments:

Post a Comment